BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Search, Search, Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

More Accutane Side Effects

Hey Lovies,

So after I wrote my previous post I realized that I left out 3 more side effects that I've been noticing, so here they are!


1) On the 5th day of using accutane I started suffering from extreme mood swings. This was listed as a side effect in my accutane book but I didn't think it would actually happen to me. So, I've pretty much been angry at the entire world for the past 8 days. I don't know how to control it and I feel bad because I'm making my family's life so hard. And the worst part is that it goes on and off like a light switch. On a random day I'll wake up and be fine and by the time I brush my teeth and go downstairs I'll have this bitch look on my face. I feel awful because my family has to put up with me, especially my mom. She will ask me a random simple question and in return I'll bite her head off. And the look on my face is ridiculous. You know those girls that walk around school or the mall with this permanent 'I'm a bitch' look; I've become one of those girls. Well...I was already one of those girls, but I wasn't like that at home and it's just hard to deal with because I don't want to put my family through this. Today is only the 15th day, so having to deal with me for the next 6 months is going to be torture!


2) My skin has become extremely sensitive! Even if I'm just brushing my hair out of my face and my nail touches my skin, I feel like I just got stabbed. And I'm not being dramatic, the pain is so sharp and deep that my eyes start watering whenever this happens. It's kind of frustrating because I have to be super careful around my face. I remember my carefree days where I could poke myself and not feel like I had just been stabbed. Oh the memories!


3) The accutane book also lists hair loss as a side effect, but my dermatologist told me that she hasn't seen a lot of this with her patients. I haven't lost hair on my head but I've noticed that my eyebrow hairs and my eyelashes have fallen out a lot more in the past few days. This is extremely annoying since they either fall onto my face or into my food, and it's just plain gross. UGH! It's not extreme, but I have had more than normal fall outs and I hope that it doesn't get worse because I love my eyelashes and brows just they way they are.

Other than this the only other side effect,as I mentioned before, is dryness in the face and body, and chapped/cracked lips.

I've noticed that my lips went from chapped to cracked in 2 days; they are so dry it hurts! No chapstick is working well for me so I just use the equate scar oil on my lips as well, which helps a lot more!

I'm already annoyed and it's been only 15 days! Let's see how the rest of the trip goes! Enjoy!!

0 comments: