BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Search, Search, Search

Custom Search

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Review


Hey Everyone,

Well I just got back from watching the 6th Harry Potter movie and I have got to say that I'm quite disappointed. I know that you should never expect much from a movie that is based on a book, but since the last one was pretty good I thought this one would follow the same path. Being such a huge Harry Potter fan, I feel very deflated at the moment and even somewhat sad. I expected so much more that what I was given and I feel cheated. I know that because of time constraints they can not show everything but there was a lot of potential which just wasn't met. The movie had a few scenes which were not even in the book, and this outraged me because that was time wasted. It's understandable that the director or whomever wants to add their own creative touch but that could have been done in other ways other than replacing entire crucial moments. Instead of showing the scene with Ginny and Harry running through the wheat field after the death eaters they could have put more of Tom Riddle's family history into the movie. The whole running through the field part isn't even in the book. And what happened to the Dursley's and the talk that Dumbledore has with them in the beginning of the book, asking them to allow Harry a place in their home for another year? Instead they replaced that with Harry trying to hit on a cafe employee. I know I may sound rude, but they should have just stuck to the story line like they did in the past 5 movies. I guess these movies only come with success in odd numbers. The 1st, 3rd and 5th movies were quite good which leaves the 2nd, 4th and 6th in quite a bad position. Let's just hope that the last movie is good. If they replace any more crucial scenes or plot stories with scenes that are not even the book I will truly have a heart attack. Die Hard fans take these things very seriously and so should the production team. STOP trying to get a new edge and make things 'different' and stick to the old true method that keeps your fans happy. Well that's the end of my rant, Hopefully I'll get over this soon and be back to my normal self. See you all then and have a great day!

0 comments: